Formed in 2005, West Virginia’s Nechochwen is the passionate exploration of Native American Indian heritage through stunning classical guitar instrumentation and lush atmosphere as found on the stunning debt CD, “Agonkian Mythos”, released by Dark Horizon Records. Having earned a great deal of praise for the artistic development of the debut, Nechochwen choses to expand upon the concept by incorporating more of an aggressive metal edge for their second full length CD, and debut for Bindrune Recordings. Recorded at Sacred Sound Recording Studio Azimuths to the otherworld is an awe inspiring journey into the realms of classical guitar and organic metal. With lyrical and spiritual guidance drawn from the mystical Adena And Hopewell people, their influence from beyond the stars has lifted Nechochwen to new and challenging musical hunting grounds. Azimuths takes bold musical cross pollination ala black and doom metal and fuses it with a very emotive and pure classical instrumentation with an “early” Native American Folk leaning. The sounds are original, thoughtful and instrumental in once again expanding the extreme metal world and how we all listen and interact with it. Nechochwen is passion, creativity and a powerful spiritual awakening that the listener can feel pouring out of the compositions of this art.
MARKETING AND PROMOTION
- Over 200 promos sent out worldwide, along with digital servicing via Haulix with a focused push from Clawhammer PR
- Nechochwen’s debut, Algonkian Mythos, for Dark Horizon Records introduced this creative entity to the world and earned them a strong following.
- Azimuths to the Otherworld presents the listener with a truly unique take on extreme metal with superior folk and classical ideas.
- The sound and concept of Azimuths is based on Native American culture for a very unique atmosphere rarely heard in the metal world today
- Recorded and mastered at Sacred Sound Recording Studio
- For fans of October Falls, Agalloch